Ace Duos S6802 won’t going to see official Android
4.2 Jelly Bean ever due to its hardware specification but the latest Android
4.2.1 Jelly Bean update is now possible for Samsung Galaxy
Ace Duos S6802 although not officially.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy
Ace Duos S6802 to Android
4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery
installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802
2. Google Apps
III. Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802:
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard
, then select choose zip from sdcard
. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom .zip file)
and select it by pressing Power
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps
instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats! Well known and super customize Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802.