So, for those who are completely new to electronics any hardware work around phones, here is some "must have" list :

- Screwdrivers set
- Tweezers
- Magnifying lamp
- Microscope (optional)
- Soldering station - 25W
- Soldering paste/Flux
- Soldering wire
- Fiberglass pencil
- De soldering pump
- Cutter
- Protective foil or film
- ESD protection

So, screwdriver You need to open phone. Tweezers You'll use to manipulate with small parts, or thin wires.

Magnifying lamp or microscope You need to get job done properly. Sometimes You need to magnify work area, for example in Samsung I897.

Here is one of the many which are available on market :

MagnifyingLamp

Soldering station or soldering iron You need to solder wires to phone PCB JTAG pads, and on other side, to 20pin small PCB adaptor.

Best to get this job done is to use ~25W Weller. It's not cheap, but You'll be happy with it :

Weller1

Solder wire and paste or flux You need to. I hope there is no need for lots of explanations about it, right ? smile

solder wire

Fiberglass pencil ! ! ! WTF is that ? Well, many of You of course know what is it, and how useful can it be. From long time, we used this to clean various contact areas on phones, batteries or any type of connectors.

How it work ? Simply, by brushing area which we want to clean form dirt, paint or glue residues, or corrosion . Since its made from fiberglass, it has strong abrasive effect.

fiberglass pencil

For example, this tool is very useful with Samsung S5230 and i9000 JTAG pads on PCB.

Desoldering pump. You would need it time time, if You apply too much solder on some area.

DESOLDERING20PUMP

Cutter(s).
Simple - You need it to cut things. Wires, fingers biggrin, nails, whatever You like !

cutter

Protective film or foil. Why this ?
Well, i can bet You had "crazy" customers who without any sane reason gets mad if You scratch a little their phone, even if its smallest spot.
So use this to protect cover, LCD, or anything else which could get damaged.

protective film

ESD Protection.
Nobody uses it, but i had to mention it. biggrin

جارى الترجمه مع ان الصور تترجم الموضوع